Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Prayer for Political Incumbents

On 7/16/2010 4:20 PM Percival P. Cassidy spake thus:

On 07/16/10 06:54 pm, Vincent Parry wrote:

Psalm 109:8

"May his days be few and let someone else take his position of leadership."

Look it up if you don't believe me!!

IOW: Replace the person who's gradually figuring out how the system
works by a newbie who has to start from the beginning.

We should try it with our major corporations.

Eggs-zactly!

WTF is it with all this hoo-ha about term limits and incumbents? In
addition to the observation you made, it turns out that we already have
term limits, and a way to deal with incumbents who ought to be removed
from office: they're called ...

ELECTIONS!

(The *real* problem is getting $$$$ out of elections[1], which of course
we've done practically nothing about. Can you say "publicly financed
elections"?)

[1] Of course, the recent Supreme Court decision (Citizens United v.
Federal Election Commission) sends us in the completely wrong direction
here.