Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default facing of cabinet below sink

On Jul 16, 1:02*pm, MikeL wrote:
this is a fairly new cabinet(s)(approx 2yrs) ....but under the kitchen
sink the bottom of the facing which includes both door openings is
pulling away or has come loose from where it was at one time stapled.
(?)
At the top of the facing I can see where it is stapled or brad nailed,
but the counter top hides these nails, so it doesn't matter.
What should I use to 're-fasten' the lower section of the facing. If I
shoot a brad or staple in it now, it would be noticeable, right? I
really don't know how it was originally put together. On the side of
the facing at the cabinets I pulled the staples out which pulled loose
from the facing, so now it will be flush. Should I somehow clamp it
and put carpenter wood caulk between the face and cabinet?
I would appreciate any suggestion!
thank you very much!

If there's water leaking down there from a loose joint, or if water is
sloshed around while cleaning, and if the cabinet is made with
particle board or MDF, the wet material will expand and pull the
cabinet apart. I'm guessing that's what's happening to your cabinet.

Take a picture and post it on one of the free hosting sites, than post
the link back here. Let's see what's what before you start running
off to fix something while you're half-cocked.