Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16581 Ignoramus16581 is offline

Default Non-working electric hoist

On 2010-07-16, wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:06?am, Ignoramus16581 ignoramus16...@NOSPAM.
16581.invalid wrote:
I have this hoist:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-7704.jpg

2 ton, Kona cranes XN10, with motorized trolley.

I bought it for $20 and it was described as "nonworking". Inside it
looks kind of decent, the cover that you do not see is also available.

Just looking for a sanity check. I initially bought it to get the
motorized trolley (which looks simple and probably works) etc. I think
that trying to fix this hoist is a) time consuming and b) exposes me
to liability. So, my question is what can be salvaged from a
hoist. What I see is a few relays (contactors), DIN rail and DIN
terminals (always useful in light of my current project), 20 foot
chain with hook.

Essentially I want to make a quick buck without wasting time, get a
few parts and avoid any potential liability.

Does anyone know how to get chain/hook out of a nonworking crane? Any
good general purpose parts inside the drive area?

Iggy, you can't avoid liability in this world. It just takes one
person to start a law suit. By posting the picture and by making
public comments about potential liability concerns, you have already
laid the groundwork for an investigator to show a court that you knew
there was a problem with the unit and yet you sold it, anyway.

Um, that's why I do not want to sell the hoist. My original plan,
anyway, was to strip the hiost of all fun parts (DIN terminals,
relays), take the chain with hook out, and dump the rest.

I know that it is bad and in any kind of transaction, I would also
mention that it is bad, I never hide that sort of stuff.