Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thoughts on building a wooden ramp for vehicular use

Graeme wrote:
In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Graeme presented the following explanation :
Our garden is on two levels, both of which are paved, with a six inch
step between the two. For various reasons, I have been using a
couple of thick planks, resting on a fence post, to move vehicles
and trailers from one level to the other, but would like to
construct something a little more easy to use, but not permanent.

Could you not just use ready made car ramps, as intended for car
serving and just drive straight off the end onto the higher ground level?

Thanks Harry. Yes, I have a pair of ramps (bought using Green Shield
stamps!), but they have stops at the end to prevent overrun,

ANGLE GRINDER!!!

and are
inconvenient when vehicle and trailer are different widths. I thought
something about six feet wide would be perfect.