Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default water feature...

In message
,
Owain writes
On 16 July, 11:06, Tim Lamb wrote:
Now that the block paving project is nearing completion (road entrance
to be excavated and re-concreted) management attention has moved to the
idea of installing a *water feature*! ....
Dribbling water down the side of a glass fibre terracotta container may
not prove very exciting.

If you put a sump under your block paving project you could have your
entire driveway a water feature, with some nice LED uplights etc.

It is actually the yard where my father's dairy cows stood waiting to be
milked.

With a remote control in the house you could squirt doorstep salesmen.

:-)

Some strategically placed nozzles could also act as window or car
washers.

I am confident that s-i-l will find cleaning his car there irresistible.

http://www.water-garden.co.uk/Water_...cing_water.php

http://www.aquabatics.co.uk/bespoke.htm

Hmm.. bit trendy. I'm looking for the Victorian era mode.

Alternatively Argos have £24 off a Boy and Girl Water Fountain in
Luxury Poly Resin.

I did notice that the solar powered, battery back up jobs have a 1 hour
timed to off feature to protect the batteries from fully discharging.

regards

--
Tim Lamb