Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.energy
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Estimating/Measuring Hot Water Heater Electrical Usage?

In article ,

On 2010-07-16, wrote:

so whats up with you?

In future years I expect massive energy costs increases as
well as a substantial decline in my income. So I want to cut
energy use substantially.
Right now I am trying to find out exactly how much energy each
appliance, etc is using. If I know how much it is using I can
evaluate alternatives.

Get some therapy to deal with your pessimism, and install a home-brew
solar water heating system. It's an easy, inexpensive, effective way to
use the sun's energy efficiently, doing what it does all by itself: warm
things up.