BillR

Default Sunvic TLX6501 Programmable Room Thermostat

David Hearn wrote:
I've seen one of these in B&Q for £29.98 when I was looking at
getting a digital thermostat. From what I can find on Sunvic's
website, the list price is £40+

It appears to do 7 day programming (rather than 5/2), with 6
periods/programs for each day.

This seems to do everything I need it to, however it also mentions it
can replace a programmer (as well as doing a job of a thermostat). I
take it that you could use it as a very basic programmer if you
wanted.

I just want to replace my normal analogue twiddly knob thermostat
which goes to an old Baxi wall mounted boiler with an oldish digital
programmer (EP2001 I think).

I've seen some thermostats/programmers which talk about 'volt free'
contacts. Are these low voltage contacts as opposed to mains fed
ones?

Basically, is the Sunvic TLX6501 going to do the job I want (7 days, 6
periods per day) with my programmer etc. It looks like it just takes
a L/N connection, and is suitable for up to 6A (which my current one
has 6(2.5)A stamped on it). I think its suitable.

Volt free just means the contacts are not connected to anything as in the
old bi-metal thermostats.
They will switch mains.
This kind of programmer is good with a combi boiler.
However, if your current programmer is also timing your hot water you will
need to retain that and jumper out the CH connections to it or merely switch
it so the CH is on constantly.