Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:52:03 +0100, "BruceB" wrote:

Derek

Not what I said at all. It comes down to reasonableness

Park for 2 hours =free, park for 3 minutes more =£90.00 is not
reasonable.

Reasonable to me would imply being able to read the sign from inside
the car where it is parked. (With glasses if worn) :-))

and the companies
involved are making efforts to make their signs appear reasonable.

I dare say they are learning.

Some cases have gone to court and sometimes those parking have lost. For
example:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/ne...st-judge-rules

Proof by selected instances.

Somebody said *millions* of pounds turnover in this shady business you
ought to be able to produce hundreds ++ of such cases

He *obviously* should have worn a suit and it could be seen he tried
to make a monkey out of the court/judge by feigning to have forgotten
he was driving. I would advise against it beyond refusing to give
Shyster Flywheel and Shyster any information at all.

However, he did park where the public did not have permission. Not so
in the Lidl instance.

Regards
Bruce