Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16581 Ignoramus16581 is offline

Default Non-working electric hoist

I have this hoist:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-7704.jpg

2 ton, Kona cranes XN10, with motorized trolley.

I bought it for $20 and it was described as "nonworking". Inside it
looks kind of decent, the cover that you do not see is also available.

Just looking for a sanity check. I initially bought it to get the
motorized trolley (which looks simple and probably works) etc. I think
that trying to fix this hoist is a) time consuming and b) exposes me
to liability. So, my question is what can be salvaged from a
hoist. What I see is a few relays (contactors), DIN rail and DIN
terminals (always useful in light of my current project), 20 foot
chain with hook.

Essentially I want to make a quick buck without wasting time, get a
few parts and avoid any potential liability.

Does anyone know how to get chain/hook out of a nonworking crane? Any
good general purpose parts inside the drive area?