Posted to alt.home.repair

Default installing new toilet over slab

On Jul 15, 6:40*pm, BradMM wrote:
On Jul 15, 3:52*pm, " wrote:

On Jul 15, 4:21*pm, BradMM wrote:

Should I go above the slab with a raised platform or jack hammer out a
space to put level with top of foundation slab? *I'm going to have to
go out through a cinderblock wall if it's above the level of the slab
or I could jack hammer out the entire "slot" to run it out through the
slab. *Not sure how I would patch the slab afterwards so I'm leaning
to the raised floor.

Brad

I would go thru the slab floor for a neater job, raised platforms
always looked hacked to me.

or buy one of those pricey toilets that discharge above using a pump

Oh yeah, I should have thought of this. *REAR DISCHARGE toilets are an
option.

I agree about the crappy look of the platforms!

I have a half bath that is raised about 8 inches above the rest of the
family room that is on a slab. It doesn't look funny because the
entire bathroom is raised, not just the toilet.