Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default return of real solder?

Nate Nagel wrote:
had a small repair job to do this PM and my beloved Weller soldering
station was left in my friend's garage as I've been helping him rewire
an old Avanti...

so I stop at Radio Shack on my way home and pick up the cheapest
soldering iron they have along with a small roll of solder... get home
and I realize the solder is marked "60/40 Rosin Core Solder." Now it
doesn't say what the 60 and the 40 stand for... but... I just realized
that this is the first time i've seen same in years... have the rules
been relaxed to allow the sale of non-lead-free solder again? or did I
stumble across some old stock? Last time I bought solder was maybe 5
years ago and I couldn't find goold old 60/40 to save my life...

nate

Hmm,
Lead is poison. It's bad for our health and environment.
Lead paint is long gone. Pure lead solder will too.