Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default squirrel trap plans

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:03:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I dont understand why anyone would want to kill a squirrel, they are
cute and inoffensive and can be tamed if you want.......

From about 10 feet away, I might give you 'cute'-- close up they are
rats.

No way are they 'inoffensive' - they are vermin of the lowest order.

My war with squirrels began when they killed the baby Pileated
Woodpeckers in my back yard.

It has continued through the years as they pillage my garden, destroy
my birdfeeders, wipe out my fruit trees, and raid the birds nests
[this year they got a Screech Owls eggs]

just protect your building so they cant get inside, and to discourage
them futher dont leave their favorite foods out, that will only
attract them

I've never had any inside.

Got plans for an inexpensive indoor greenhouse that can include an
orchard and 5000sq foot garden?

You can be as nice to squirrels as you want anywhere but on my
property. The fuzzy tailed rats are personae non gratae here.

Jim

I would suggest that hallerb get a few of them around his house and then get
back to us in a few months. You forgot to mention they carry fleas, and all
manner of stuff. Tamed? They'll bite you first chance they get. I hate
even touching them, they smell so much.

Checked my trap this morning, and it was tipped. Found out it needed
tweaking a bit. Reset it, and am going out to check this afternoon. How
many did you get today?

Steve