Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default audio attenuator headphone to line

"tg" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

I'm glad what I said helped you to get a result that you were pleased
with, but I'm a little confused. Are you sure that the resistor values
that you've stated are correct, and the bottom one wasn't 4.7k rather
than
47k ? snip

nope, just checked and the bottom resistor is 47K.
in your previous post you did say 'a ratio of 2 : 1 might be more
appropriate,' and you were right, this - as it turned out - is a 2:1
ratio.

Not quite. As stated that your series resistor is the lower value of 22k,
and the shunt one is the higher value of 47k, this is a 1 : 2 ratio ...

Still, if it does the job that you were looking for, not worth getting
bogged down in maths and definitions :-)

Arfa