Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wiring various machine health switches

Ignoramus12838 fired this volley in
:

I wanted to ask what is the standard way of wiring this stuff. Just
all in big series with E-stop switches? Or separately as separate
inputs so that I would know what the problem is?

Ig, that's really a matter of choice. I, personally, would want more
information that simply, "something's wrong", but I've wired process
machinery up like that when I didn't have enough inputs on a PLC to
handle all the errors I might have to detect.

When you do it that way, you need to create a step-chart to remind you of
all the things to check when the alarm goes off. Three years from now,
while you're milling parts, it might not be as fresh in your memory as
now.

LLoyd