Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repairing/rebuilding live center....worth it?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:43:47 -0500, Randy wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:25:14 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:09:18 -0500, Randy wrote:

My CNC lathe came with a seized live center in the tailstock. I
finally got it out. NSK brand. disassenmbled it and found the
"spindle" is pitted from coolant that got past the seal and just laid
in there. The front bearing, a needle roller, rides directly on the
"spindle". So I would need a new spindle and complete set of
bearings. Worth it? Can you even get parts from NSK?

#4 MT

Not sure if "spindle" is the correcxt term for this part.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Live centers can be had for $35 in good condition.

How many do you need? And one assumes #4 MT?

I need one #4MT prefer CNC extented point style. Why they even
still make the old style is beyond me.

What you got?

Thank You,
Randy