Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Mixer motor suggestions

On Jul 14, 11:29*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought an old cement mixer. *About 24" in diameter, about 24" deep. *Old,
old, old. *Has new big pulley on the end of shaft, and motor plate. *What
horsepower would you recommend so as to handle a good days work, and not
overload it or kick the 20 amp breaker? *I believe I can do with a one speed
one direction motor. *They are all over the map from $150 to $700.

Steve

There is a 1/4 HP motor on the one I use. Same size as yours. Remember
there is a lot of gear reduction in the barrel gear and motor pulleys.
If you want to get fancy you could use three step pulleys and a 1/3 HP
motor.

Joe