Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Mixer motor suggestions

wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:29:27 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I bought an old cement mixer. About 24" in diameter, about 24" deep.
Old,
old, old. Has new big pulley on the end of shaft, and motor plate. What
horsepower would you recommend so as to handle a good days work, and not
overload it or kick the 20 amp breaker? I believe I can do with a one
speed
one direction motor. They are all over the map from $150 to $700.

Steve

My old Builder Square mixer uses a quarter horse motor

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Judy%20mixing%20mud.jpg

Check Surplus Center on the net. They have fractional HP motors cheap
sometimes.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.a...rch=ac%20motor

That's darn close to what I have.