Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Paper shredders for the office

"Randy" wrote in message
Anyone here use or know of a good paper shredder? I'm looking to
replace my Executive machines model that died, (it was a long slow
death). I checked it out and the plastic spacers that keep the knives
apart are broken/gone, the knives now bind up and overload the
machine. I did consider machining some aluminum spacers and
rebuilding the whole thing but I don't think it's worth it.

I want cross cut, at least 8 sheet capacity, and BIG!! By that I
mean a good sized basket underneath. Every shredder I look at now
has the basket built in and safety locked. But the baskets are small!
I shred EVERYTHING, not just the important stuff, gives thiefs about
900% more to look through and peice back together. I would love a
machine that is about 30-36 inches tall VS the 18-20" that i'm
seeing. Hell 40-48" would be OK, I can still reach it from my desk
chair.

If a smaller "resivoir" machine will handle your volume, buy it, cut the
bottom out of it's basket and mount it over the old basket with sheet metal
or plywood, etc. We made ours fit the recycling bin...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R