Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1954 Alum. Picture Window

On Jul 14, 8:10*pm, dpb wrote:
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

In the front, above 3 big yews, big picture window with a smaller window on
each side:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5636/4064parker.jpg

Anybody got any idea how something like this might come apart? I've
been here for 25+ years and I've put off working on it long enough. :-)

As others said, too far away/no detail to tell anything really.

Have set of Al storms that look to be quite similar--the little handles
are just that, nothing more.

These the clips come off and then the window will lift upwards and come
out of the bottom track. *_HAS_ to be from the outside, though, there's
nothing to be done with these inside other than remove them entirely
from the opening. *I'd guess similar w/ those if not identical; that
predates the "inside clean" phenomenon afaik.

--

Need close-ups of the Outside, the big window has a couple small alum.
handles and a pair of