Mark

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

IIRC, Dewalt closed all of their US factories and is producing
everything in Asia.

Jon Dough wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:17:34 +0000, JAW wrote:

Did anyone answer Brian's original question without going into a
union/non-union tirade ?

Thanks !
Jerry

After getting involved in the union side of this issue I think I should
answer this one also.
Yes, there are many tools still made in the good ole USA.
For hand tools, the first that comes to mind is SnapOn. They are high
priced but top notch for quality and service. For the mechanics that do
not need the SnapOn experience Craftsman brand hand tools are also made in
USA.
As for power tools, several companies that come to mind are Delta, Dewalt,
Porter Cable and Powermatic. While they also have manufacturing plants in
other countries (as well they should because they market to other
countries too) their top of the line tools sold in the USA are made in the
USA. I even saw Hobart welders (made in USA) on the shelf at Harbor
Freight the other day.
There are many good tools to choose from. When I need something for a
weekend project any tool that gets the job done is fine. But for my job I
need tools I can depend on. I want something that is good quality, built
here and serviced here by technicians who have parts readily available. I
definitely look for the Made in USA label.