Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default repairing pitted siding

On Jul 13, 11:14*pm, Deodiaus wrote:
Hi,
I have some rotting baseboard exterior siding that was damaged by a
powerwasher. *Before painting it, I am going to fill in to make it
smooth. *What's the best stuff to use. *I was watching youtube, where
people are recommending an epoxy filler for the exterior. *The epoxy
is pricey. *I was giving thought to using plaster. *Plaster gives you
a nice smooth workable surface.
Does this work? *Has anyone else tried it?
Replacing the wood is a lot of work, requires two people and some
scaffolding especially 15 feet off the ground.

Plaster wont last a wet season, wood base wood putty might last 5
years unless its in the desert, quality caulk is good if it is small,
Bondo works' Are you sure its not rot, was it a high power gas machine
with a zero degree nozzle, my 1300 lb Karcher wont ruin wood unless it
rotted, the nozzle is to wide a pattern and pressure to low.