Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dog cluctch

On Jul 13, 11:49*pm, "Steve W." wrote:

It sure would be nice to know this angle just for curiousity
sake. I have a
shipfitters wedge and it's angle is 11 deg. It will not slip
out when driven
in with a hammer. So this angle may be too steep for this
application, eih?
This angle seems to be a rare bit of info....
phil

I visited one of the local Amish earlier. His friend uses an OLD New
Idea that had this style clutch on it so I drove over and took a closer
look. His has some wear but it measured at just a touch under 32
degrees. I would say new they were probably 30 even and have worn in a bit.