Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default repairing pitted siding

On Jul 14, 5:14*am, Deodiaus wrote:
Hi,
I have some rotting baseboard exterior siding that was damaged by a
powerwasher. *Before painting it, I am going to fill in to make it
smooth. *What's the best stuff to use. *I was watching youtube, where
people are recommending an epoxy filler for the exterior. *The epoxy
is pricey. *I was giving thought to using plaster. *Plaster gives you
a nice smooth workable surface.
Does this work? *Has anyone else tried it?
Replacing the wood is a lot of work, requires two people and some
scaffolding especially 15 feet off the ground.

It wasn't damaged by the power washer. It was damaged by rot and
neglect.
The only way to proceed that will last more than a few months is to
replace the timber. Remember, rot spreads, it could spread into the
structure of the building. The rotted timber needs to be removed, and
the surrounding area treated to kill the spores with an anti-rot
chemical.