Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default impact screwdriver

"jeff_wisnia" wrote

I too have had an impact screwdriver for maybe 40 years, but it's screwed
up fasteners more often than it's done the job for me. I don't think about
using it much anymore.

Jeff

I have had just the opposite experience. However, I use Kroil or PB Blaster
and let it sit overnight before attacking it. I've never tried it, but with
those penetrants, it might just come out with a regular screwdriver. I've
got a couple of those big mama honkin screwdrivers, but have never had a
lot of luck with stuck screws (machine bolts) with those. My wrists are not
strong enough any more. Just mainly use them on humungous screws or as a
prybar or lever. But don't get TOO energetic.

Steve