Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:46:40 +0000 (UTC), Brent
wrote:

Both compared the two methods and concluded the special tool was safer.

Golly gee. We all know the hammer is last resort. Some flywheels
don't have holes for a puller. Using the wrong "special tool" as the
OP -- you can fracture the flywheel. He bent his flywheel... he saw it
"bend".

Do you know of any reference that compares both methods yet still
recommends the hammer and screwdriver method over the puller method?

Tradition, I say!

My best reference was my grandfather. I was knee-high to a grass
hopper. Off the frame, he picked the engine up by the flywheel (nut
positioned at the top). Not far from the ground he smacked the
crank... remove nut and go to work.

Sorry I didn't keep a journal