Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Precision hole drilling

"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:35:24 -0700, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I've used the watchmakers' disk method to drill locating pin holes for
the wedges for a pie chuck. The method worked well enough but it's very
difficult and tedious, involving turning three identical disks to better
than 0.001" diameter accuracy and identifying when [...] The
three spacing disks I made measure 0.5814", 0.5815", and 0.5813".

Well, if they were supposed to be identical, why'd you make
them with so much slop?

--
jiw

They have to be more accurate than the resolution of your gage, or they're
confusing. I put mine on an electronic gage at Wasino and they were within
25 millionths of each other.

--
Ed Huntress