Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default 2010 is a great year to die...

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:49:30 -0500, Ignoramus3537

On 2010-07-13, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Ignoramus15939 wrote:
... because this year there is no estate tax, and next year it will be
55% after 1 million.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...928371574.html

I'll worry about that when I:

- Have over $1M in assets

Don't fall into "Joe the wanna-be plumber" syndrome here...

When you have over $1M in unshielded assets.

What do you mean by "unshielded assets".

Trusts, perhaps. A friend told me he'd spent quite a bit to organize
his holdings so that they'd flow mostly tax-free to his kids. I don't
know any of the details.

A quick google brought up this article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/09/bu.../09estate.html "Elaborate
estate plans with sophisticated trusts are often made many years
before death to reduce estate taxes owed by the richest."

Wayne