Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech
James H. James H. is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 07:01:08 -0700 (PDT), m6onz5a wrote:
First check for a bent blade. If you replace the blade & it still
shakes/wobbles you bent the crank.

Thanks for that advice. I don't see a wobble in the blade but I did order a
new blade and I'll report back whether or not the crankshaft is bent.

I'll measure the distance from the blade to the ground in the East-West
position and then in the North-South position.

If it's off, I'll buy a new crankshaft and put it in if I can. That would
be a whole new set of pictures!

http://img708.imageshack.us/g/briggs...tonflywhe.jpg/
http://yfrog.com/jobriggsandstrattonflywhej
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7...ttonflywhe.jpg