Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default impact screwdriver

Joe wrote:

Sounds like you have it confused with some other tool, an air impact
tool, maybe?
Had one in my tool box since the 1960's and it was the only thing that
would disassemble the early Honda motorbikes for repair. Worked well
with the retaining screw on many of the import cars brake discs and
drums. We learned to apply Kroil liberally before exceeding the yield
point of the fastener.
Possibly the most under-rated but useful tool around.

Bought mine way back when for the exact same reason - to fix my motorcycle.
It (the impact screwdriver) was a K-mart branded unit, sold in a little red
metal case, with four bits and two socket (3/8 and 1/2) adapters.
Invaluable tool.

Jon