Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a m6onz5a is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Jul 13, 5:07*am, "James H." wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 21:31:34 -0700, James H. wrote:
What is the typical thing to look for that broke when my lawnmower hit a
stationary object?

Thanks to all your help, you guys enabled me to figure out what the problem
was.

As you all said, it was the flywheel key.

Here are pictures of the job. I learned a lot. What's important to tell
others is that the "traditional" brute-force method of removing a flywheel
is only for experts and even then, only for people working on other
people's mowers!

See details he
Direct Link:http://img251.imageshack.us/g/image001ol.jpg/
Short Link:http://yfrog.com/6zimage001oljx
Web Player:http://img251.imageshack.us/slidesho...image001ol.jpg

First check for a bent blade. If you replace the blade & it still
shakes/wobbles you bent the crank.