Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech
ransley ransley is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Jul 13, 4:07*am, "James H." wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 21:31:34 -0700, James H. wrote:
What is the typical thing to look for that broke when my lawnmower hit a
stationary object?

Thanks to all your help, you guys enabled me to figure out what the problem
was.

As you all said, it was the flywheel key.

Here are pictures of the job. I learned a lot. What's important to tell
others is that the "traditional" brute-force method of removing a flywheel
is only for experts and even then, only for people working on other
people's mowers!

See details he
Direct Link:http://img251.imageshack.us/g/image001ol.jpg/
Short Link:http://yfrog.com/6zimage001oljx
Web Player:http://img251.imageshack.us/slidesho...image001ol.jpg

Flywheels are balanced, I have one balanced with a weight on a boat
motor, I hope it runs ok because drilling it changed the balance. I
had a flywheel on a boat motor that was so tough to remove it took
days and ruined - bent, one puller. I can see how it could be hard to
remove but it takes practice and maybe a special tool since it had no
holes.