Kiyu

Default OT - Older Than Dirt Quiz - Part II

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:18:37 -0500 (EST), (T.)
wrote:

Sun, Jan 4, 2004, 9:14am (EST+5)
(Kiyu) says:
snip Sunshine Magazine & Guidepost for reading material.

Nope, don't recall either.

Religious & inspirational subscriptions from relatives - they always
found their way to the outhouse. Sunshine was terrific though.

But, I do recall the old Sears, and
Monkey Ward, catalogs being used. Everyonece in awhile, I give thanks
for the man that invented soft toilet paper. And, surely you remember
those cold winter days, and, even without the slightest breeze, you got
a cold draft.

What I hated was when someone left the door open and it snowed. Your
butt could warm a toilet seat quickly (we had a genuine store bought
one in ours) but not when you just swept 4 in. of snow off it and time
was running out.
And then there were, when and where you were the most vulnerable, the
spiders in the summertime.
And the lime pail.
And the folk's rule not to disturb the black snakes on the way out as
they kept the mice away.

And does anyone remember having cottonwood trees on all corners of the
house - nature's AC?

Kiyu