Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ebay and the state of machining

On 13 Jul 2010 00:19:53 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2010-07-12, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
"Steve Lusardi" writes:

I also agree, but we have deindustrialized our economy. Our labor is
simply too expensive to be competitive with the Chinese. What you do
still see is CNC everywhere there is machining. The manual model shops
and short run ma & pa operations are long gone. They only exist with
the hobbiest and we are dying out as well. Just look at this NG. What
do we have, 2 dozen regulars left? If you survey those, I'll bet there
are not many below the age of 60. I'll be 66 this Wed.

While newsgroups in general are dying out, one of the major problems
this one has is the need to wade through mountains of political crap to
read an occasional machining post. Anybody still reading it for
machining is being really stubborn (yes, I'm including myself there).

And has a *very* active (and growing) killfile. (That's me. :-)

Amen to that.

And, DoN. You're not a regular, you're irregular.

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following