Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default ANTS! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

"Scall5" wrote in message
m...

"Smackwater Jack" WhoYoDaddy@Home. wrote in message
Real small ants are in the cat's bowl. The food is dry food, not
something that is obviously attractive to pests. A pest control guy
comes four times a year. In fact, this latest infestation occurred an
hour after the technician left.

Use a larger bowl or aluminum cooking sheet and fill it with water. Then
put the food bowl close to the center. You cats can lean over and eat
their food but the ants will drown if they try to cross your self-made
water moat.
--
Scall5

I'll second that. When we had a similar problem we put the cat food bowl
inside a saucer normally used under a plant pot, and added water to the
saucer. The ants couldn't get across the water "moat" to find the cat food.
That quickly ended the ant problem.