Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Lamb
saying something like:

No. If you follow at a reasonable distance I will probably bumble along
at 5mph over the limit. If you close up on a straight stretch, I will
not do anything to prevent you overtaking.

There's a system here which works quite well. The older main roads have
a yellow line designated hard shoulder, which considerate slower drivers
usually move into when being overtaken. It is the done thing to thank
them for this by flicking the hazards on for a cycle or two, having
passed. Of course, one sometimes runs into the bloody-minded,
unobservant, downright unpleasant types who will do all they can to
prevent overtaking.

Oh. you have encountered Dennis, too?