Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , geoff
writes

There is considerable entertainment value (of the ARW variety) in
closely observing posted limits on one of our local B roads. Exhaust
pipe huggers (identified as drivers who would like to travel faster
but don't have the ability to overtake) can be really wound up as
there is about 5 miles of varying 30 to 40mph with very little
opportunity to overtake. It helps to have a prominent, robust tow
hitch on a battered vehicle.

Otherwise, if Geoff. wishes to get by, I am happy to get out of the
way. Competitive motoring is best kept off the highway.

Ah - you seem to have got it wrong there

No. If you follow at a reasonable distance I will probably bumble along
at 5mph over the limit. If you close up on a straight stretch, I will
not do anything to prevent you overtaking.

If I'm behind vehicles I can't safely overtake, I'm quite happy to sit
back and admire the view. I also don't tailgate - its dangerous

You are in danger of seeing things in black and white as dennis does

Not really. I suppose rebellion never seemed desirable. Most laws
benefit the whole of society.

Lets not travel down that particular country lane

--
geoff