Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Cleaning corrosion from zinc

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:31:24 -0700 (PDT), Gerry
wrote:

On Jul 11, 2:16*pm, Gerry wrote:
Anyone have a way to chemically clean white corrosion from zinc pot
metal? Trying to reclaim an old Weber DCOE that looks like it was set
up with a bit of water in the bowl. I know I'm being anal about this
but I really will not be happy until I get the body looking as good as
I can before I reassemble it. Tried, CLR, Ospho, Muriatic along with
carb soak. The corrosion is all that is left on the body now. Ideas
anyone?

This is a carburator so there is no way a cup brush could be used on/
in it without destroying something

Then go to a welding store and purchase a stainless steel
"toothbrush". They're used for welding aluminum, cost a buck or so.