Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rick[_9_] Rick[_9_] is offline

Default CNC air regulator?

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:15:34 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:58:11 -0400, the renowned "Buerste"
wrote:

I'm working on a design for a machine that will make a number of
different
yet similar products. There will be 2 servos and a stepper to do the
bull
work yet there is one air cylinder that will provide pressure on
material.
The amount of pressure will vary from one product to another and from one
kind of material to another. I'd like to automatically change the air
pressure within the program for each product/material. Such a thing?
No,
I'm not going to build one. If it ain't off the shelf, it won't happen.

Two possibilities come to mind right off:-

1) You could get a proportional regulator.

Eg.
http://www.wattsfluidair.com/catalog...Electronic.pdf

Also Bellofram
http://www.pressure-controls.com/ipeptransducer.php

and Festo and probably SMC.

--
Ned Simmons

And MAC, which is what I've used in the past. The Parker unit is very nice
for the price though.

http://www.macvalves.com/products/PPC.htm