Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Should have got one years ago - welding auto-mask

In article 4bs_n.134667$vB5.117422@hurricane,
Mark wrote:
You should be able to weld 1mm steel quite easily, but not if 50% of
it's thickness is rust ;(

Not much point in trying to fix new metal to rust?
It's been cut back to good.

Oh - it's not easy. Or rather most say it's not. Like many skills.

I started with a Clark 100e on Co2 and replaced the sills and floorpan
on an MGB without any problem, then similar on a midget and Mk1
Escort. I did learn to use an ark welder first, after that Mig, even
with a bottom of the range model IS easy.

I'd love to have seen your first attempts. Most skilled work looks easy
once you have the skills.

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.