Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

On Jul 11, 1:45*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
A home we're looking at has a gas cooktop with built-in griddle in
the center. *The griddle is about 12" across and 15" or so deep,
with a grease catcher/drain in the front. *We've never had a home
with one of these and I wonder if any of you might be familiar
with this and have used it before? *If so,

Does using it require a lot of subsequent clean-up?

Does it splatter the adjoining grates and burners?

Does it do a good job?

Would you have it again on another cooktop?

Thanks- Nonny

--
On most days,
it's just not worth

On some brands the griddle can be replaced by a grill with lava rocks,
that would be my choise to remove the griddle. I think its Jen Air
that can be configured that way.