Posted to alt.home.repair
James H. James H. is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 02:35:08 -0400, Jerry - OHIO wrote:

I can do a steering wheel on a car with one hit. A mower flywheel is
childs play.

In the end, the flywheel was easy to get off once I 1/4x20 tapped the two
holes drilled for that purpose but never tapped by the manufacturer and
then used a harmonic balancer puller which lifted it right off in seconds.

One thing I just don't understand though.

How is hitting DOWN on the CRANKSHAFT supposed to free the flywheel in the
bang-and-lift method?

Can someone explain the logic of banging on the crankshaft to remove the
flywheel?