Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"Nonny" wrote:

. The comment about pancakes etc. would
surely apply, since I do my main cooking on the grill outdoors.

I think that was Bill & we agree on most stuff-- but I have to say, I
*loved* mine for pancakes, french toast, eggs, home fries, grilled
cheese, hamburgers. . . I even grilled veggies on it. [I'm in Ny
so outdoor grilling season is a bit shorter here.]

I don't remember it being messy. [Nor do I find the less convenient
one I use now that I put away after using.]

Jim

I am joining this thread late so I am not sure who the OP was.

I love to cook. I do most of it around here. As Jim said the indoor grill
is great for pancakes, grilled cheese, reubens and french toast. Veggies
might be okay. Anything thing else makes more mess than it is worth IMO.

You can buy a griddle to fit over two burners from front back for almost any
electric stove. They also work with gas. We have one of those but
currently use an under $30 electric for the same purposes.

I have cleaned a few of the old gas units with the center grill in my life.
IMO they are fire looking for a place to happen. Of course I am not a fan
of the jenn-aire systems either since keeping them clean is a major PITA.

Anyone considering either should do the closing cleanup in a fast food
joint at least for one night.

--
Colbyt