Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

"Nonny" wrote:

A home we're looking at has a gas cooktop with built-in griddle in
the center. The griddle is about 12" across and 15" or so deep,
with a grease catcher/drain in the front. We've never had a home
with one of these and I wonder if any of you might be familiar
with this and have used it before? If so,

Does using it require a lot of subsequent clean-up?

Not a lot. Treat it like a cast iron pan. Wipe clean while warm.
Keep soak and scrubbies away from it. If you need to ruin it-
re-season it.

Does it splatter the adjoining grates and burners?

Mine didn't too much.

Does it do a good job?

I loved it. It was on a gas stove that died decades ago. I did most
of my cooking on it. I've now got a griddle that covers 2 burners.
Not bad-- but not like the built-in.

Would you have it again on another cooktop?

In a NY minute!

Jim