Posted to alt.home.repair
clot clot is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

Nonny wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message
news:8Ep_n.95962$9c1.93538@hurricane...

Indeed! This side of The Pond .... and at this latitude,
strangely, we find it preferable to cook indoors! Splattering is
a consequence we have to accommodate.

I understand. Here, the back yard is literally an extension of
your home. On many days of the year, with a heated pool, desert
life includes a dip in the pool while food is grilling on the
cooker, followed by dinner at the outdoor table and then a time
unwinding in the hot tub or spa. This is quite typical between
March and November and if you skip the pool part, the outdoor
grilling and spa are year-round.

We're in a situation where we need a single story home, so one of
the considerations is an outdoor kitchen. The one we're
considering has an kitchen island by the pool with a grill, sink
and dishwasher. If we buy the house, I intend to add at least an
oven and perhaps microwave as well. It's not reasonable to bake
things in an oven while the air conditioner is huffing away, IMHO.

I've just booked my ticket. Richard Bransom has kindly given me a discount,
(I'm not that lucky).

I'm not wishing to be rude. I do have a problem with folk talking about
storeys.

When you are on the second or third stor(e)y, how do you spell it _ and I
don't mean IT!"