Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

"Clot" wrote in message
news:8Ep_n.95962$9c1.93538@hurricane...

Indeed! This side of The Pond .... and at this latitude,
strangely, we find it preferable to cook indoors! Splattering is
a consequence we have to accommodate.

I understand. Here, the back yard is literally an extension of
your home. On many days of the year, with a heated pool, desert
life includes a dip in the pool while food is grilling on the
cooker, followed by dinner at the outdoor table and then a time
unwinding in the hot tub or spa. This is quite typical between
March and November and if you skip the pool part, the outdoor
grilling and spa are year-round.

We're in a situation where we need a single story home, so one of
the considerations is an outdoor kitchen. The one we're
considering has an kitchen island by the pool with a grill, sink
and dishwasher. If we buy the house, I intend to add at least an
oven and perhaps microwave as well. It's not reasonable to bake
things in an oven while the air conditioner is huffing away, IMHO.

Nonny
--
On most days,
it’s just not worth