Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

"Nonny" wrote in message
A home we're looking at has a gas cooktop with built-in griddle in the
center. The griddle is about 12" across and 15" or so deep, with a grease
catcher/drain in the front. We've never had a home with one of these and I
wonder if any of you might be familiar with this and have used it before?
If so,

Does using it require a lot of subsequent clean-up?

Does it splatter the adjoining grates and burners?

Does it do a good job?

Would you have it again on another cooktop?

Thanks- Nonny

--
On most days,
it's just not worth

Cooktop with griddle is another name for grease trap. Haven't you ever
fried food in a large frying pan? It splatters that much, but there are
nooks and crannies for it to get down into. While some people love their
griddle and grill type stove tops, I do not like them because of their
messiness and difficulty to clean. I've had two, and will never have
another. I just grill outside now, and that's enough of a mess. The only
thing I cook on a griddle is pancakes.

YMM(and probably does)V

Steve