Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

In message , Andy Champ
writes
dennis@home wrote:
He is entitled to be in the middle lane if he overtaking a slower
vehicle.
I would probably be overtaking him in the 3rd lane if his speedo was
as bad as mine as 75 on the speedo is only 67 really.
However I have a calibrated speedo that is accurate to 1 mph and
virtually nothing actually overtakes when I am doing a real 70 mph. I
really can drive for miles on the M6 at 70 and only be overtaken by a
handful of cars.

That's very surprising to me. I think an awful lot of drivers use 10%+2MPH.

I've cross-checked my speed against GPS, distance posts, and
occasionally when the roads are empty, time for distance. A lot pass
me going well over 70.

I think that most people pass dennis - top of the stairs, first door on
the right

--
geoff