Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default cooktop with griddle

wrote in message
m...
Nonny wrote:
A home we're looking at has a gas cooktop with built-in griddle
in the center. The griddle is about 12" across and 15" or so
deep, with a grease catcher/drain in the front. We've never
had a home with one of these and I wonder if any of you might
be familiar with this and have used it before? If so,

Does using it require a lot of subsequent clean-up?

Does it splatter the adjoining grates and burners?

Does it do a good job?

Would you have it again on another cooktop?

Thanks- Nonny

We had an old gas range with four burners and a griddle. The
griddle could convert to a regular burner, so it was very
useful. I'd use a griddle for stuff like pancakes and eggs, but
not for frying burgers. Greasy stuff would spatter. I would
love to have one. Also could be used for keeping stuff warm.
Does the cooktop have a grate to convert the griddle burner to
regular cooking?

The one installed in the kitchen of the home we're looking at
seems to have a dedicated griddle with flip-up cover.
http://www.richmondappliance.com/_CG...EY=WOLF:RT486G

Most of my cooking is done outdoors, here in Nevada, so this would
probably get limited use. The comment about pancakes etc. would
surely apply, since I do my main cooking on the grill outdoors.

--
On most days,
it's just not worth