Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Boric Acid and Insects

clipped

Termites do not leave their tunnels, unless they make mating flights,
and ALWAYS avoid light...you cannot put b.a. any place that will kill
them.

Indeed; I thought I told OP essentially that????

Well, OP keeps askin' ) One comment about termites on a third story
seemed to assume they could not be subterranean termies...Formosan
termites have eaten half of New Orleans, and I believe there is a newer
import going around Florida. Statistics about termite damage might be a
tad misleading, with the Formosan's (subterranean) doing so much damage,
it looks like there are no other serious problems. Florida is full of
blue tarps for fumigation in spring and summer, but folks here are so
accustomed to termites they probably recognize them sooner and get them
before much damage is done. We probably have a lot more lousy
contractors cheating on building practices and leaving structures
open...condos on both sides of us were tented before they were 5 years
old. Another nearby, when it was two years old. Mebbe we import
infested lumber along with our Chinese drywall )

Altho, of course, one needs first still to determine what the pest
actually is first which I don't have much confidence in in this case as
having yet been done.