Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff The Drunk[_5_] Jeff The Drunk[_5_] is offline

Default Boric Acid and Insects

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:22:00 -0700, DebbieOney wrote:

Hi,

I posted under a subject of termites about boric acid. I wanted to see
what experiences people, who did not read that post, have had with boric
acid for insect control. A friend has a termite problem on the 3rd
floor (found droppings). Has anyone used boric acid for insect control?
Did you take any safety measures using that product?

Thanks in advance for all input.

Boric acid works on the exoskeleton of insects. I don't know the physics
but it's supposed to cut their little feet then kill them. Some insects
like ants adapt by avoiding it since ants have a great sense of smell.